I got this idea from another blog, the Diaper Diaries. I love it and yes it is liberating! Here is my top ten don'ts.
1. I don't take out the trash, I don't even put a bag in it when it has been taken out. There are plenty of people that I cook for in my house that can do it.
2. I don't clean up after pets, I only clean up after the children that own the pets.
3. I don't keep regular hours for anything. I get to school mostly on time, and get my kids to school on time, but there are many nights that I am up til 3am studying and relistening to lectures by telephone. We eat dinner whenever it gets finished, anywhere from 4:30pm to 9:30pm. I have always wanted to get the kids to bed at the same time every night but every day is never the same as the one before it so I find the task is too daunting. Also, I drive a semi-truck on the side as a sub. Any driver can call me at any time of the day or night to cover for them. It usually works out that I don't have to work that much but can be inconvenient. Therefore, naps are always a win-win at my house, regular hours are not a win.
4. I don't gut the game I shoot. I have plenty of hunting support that is willing. Plus, who else will hold the flashlight?
5. I don't let my kids do sleepovers unless it involves camping, hunting, or fishing.
6. I don't always do turkey for Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure it will be kubsa this holiday, especially since I am creating a new tray in ceramics just for the tabouleh! yeh!
7. I don't paint anything white, I like lots of color!!
8. I don't ever let anyone win at tickle torture, EVER!
9. I don't mow the lawn. I really want to, but my 2nd son and I fight over who gets to do that chore and I always lose, therefore, he is king of the lawn. (Once last summer I cheated and snuck a partial mow.) My son is a genius though, he usually hides the mower or the gas from me.
10. I don't host parties that sell stuff. Been there done it, just can't do it anymore.
Now I feel like a brat........